In the EU, the IUCLID software is required for registering substances (Article 111 REACH) and in Switzerland for notifying new substances. This program and all associated documents and supplementary databases can be downloaded free of charge from the following address: IUCLID
Submit IUCLID6 export files (but not the write-protected dossier files, see Annex III of the guidelines) to the notification authority for chemicals
• preferably, upload it using the E-application for chemicals (RPC): https://www.rpc.admin.ch/rpc/private/ or
• on CD-ROM or DVD by sending it through the post:
Federal Office of Public Health
Notification authority for chemicals
Use the IUCLID Validation Assistant plug-in (setting of the quantity range according to substance quantity placed on the market in Switzerland). Check the dossier for completeness prior to submission. As a result:
- the number of queries from the notification authority is minimized
- forwarding to the evaluation unitsis accelerated (the notification period begins on the day after receipt of the complete notification dossier at the notification authority for chemicals)
- the risk of a dossier being rejected due to missing data is reduced
Submit additional or supplementary test report summaries as an export file (allows the relevant endpoints to be imported).
The scope of the notification dossier must comply with the currently valid legislation when IUCLID is used.
In the event of problems with IUCLID, support is available from the REACH helpdesk.
Last modification 28.11.2018